(Last updated on 01/10/2014)
Spec-Savers respects the personal privacy of all users of www.specsaversbotswana.co.bw (the 'website') and all customers of Spec-Savers Botswana. We therefore take all our obligations for processing personal information, very seriously.
We also voluntarily subscribe to the principles, outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 ('ECT Act'), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private. The principles contained can be summarized as follows –
- We will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store ('use') your personal information with your express written permission unless legally required to do so, and will only use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required.
- We will disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it.
- We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted to do so by law.
- You hereby provide us with your express written permission to use your personal information, share certain of your personal information with an affiliate party (which includes companies within the KFML Group Limited and other business partners), to analyze and combine your personal information for the purposes of compiling a profile of you, and to send promotional material to you in the ordinary course of our business of providing you with the services.
Promotional information and surveys
We aspire to provide first class service to you which necessitates that we provide you with information regarding new services or special offers. In each instance, you will be provided an opportunity to opt out of such information circulars. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMS: You hereby grant us permission to enter your cellular number onto our SMS database, if supplied to us by you, for the purpose of promotional material. If you require your number to be removed from this database you may send an email to email@example.com.
The meaning of Personal Information
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age and identity number, contact telephone numbers (including mobile), e-mail and postal addresses, your prescription supplied by your optometrists and any information that you provide by filling in forms on the website. In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information.
The manner in which Personal Information is collected
To process your order we may require personal information. We may also collect personal information for competitions hosted on the Spec-Savers website. In addition whenever you use this website, complete an application form, contact us electronically, or use one of the services or facilities offered by us or any affiliate party, we will collect your personal information.
The reasons for collecting and using Personal Information
In order to make your use of this website and all products and services offered on this website as successful and pleasurable as possible, it is necessary for us to find out exactly what you need and want from us. The following are reasons why we would collect your personal information –
- to identify you;
- in order for us to process your instructions or requests, including but not limited to, processing data relating to your credit/debit card and order details to enable the fulfilment of your order;
- in order for us to ensure that we meet your needs, we may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you in order for us to personalise and tailor our services to meet your specific needs;
Once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you. If any of this promotional information relates to products, promotions, news or services of an affiliate party, and if you indicate that you would like more details, we may inform the affiliate party to contact you directly. We will however, only inform an affiliate party to contact you directly if you have indicated that this is agreeable to you.
Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent.
If at any stage, after you have given us your consent, you no longer wish us to use or share your personal information with an affiliate party, you may at any stage withdraw your consent.
Protection of your Personal Information
We value the information that you choose to provide us with and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information we maintain concerning our customers is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
When you use the services or facilities provided by us, you may be given an access number, user name, password and/or personal identification number (PIN). You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your user name, access card, password and/or personal identification number ('PIN').
Correction of Personal Information
If you ever want to update or correct any of your personal information held by us, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information held by or disclosed by you to a third party
You agree that we shall be entitled to send 'cookies' from this website to your computer. We use the word 'cookie' to refer to information that is sent from this website to your hard drive, where it is saved and contains information to personalise your experience on this website. In this way, the next time you use this website we will know who you are and that you have visited this website before.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
We have no control over the contents of third party sites or resources which are linked to the website and we accept no responsibility or liability for them or the privacy practices they use or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites or resources.